10.17.2007

multitasking

Do you ever have those dreams where you are at work? I have been accused of being dishonest about dreaming of the workplace because I am a robot and therefore don't actually experience states of consciousness and unconsciousness. I must disagree with that argument. Everyone has those dreams except maybe those select individuals that are unemployed. Yes, I am programmed to dream, an android really, not a robot. I don't ask the question because I have been dreaming about work lately but to use it as a segue to what I do for money. I make signs. I hang signs. (Would be awesome in a dream though wouldn't it?)

To hang some of these signs you use one of these:

What's that saying...oh yeah, a picture says a thousand words. I know, I am still looking for the other 997.
Over the course of my employment I have found several other uses for these sharp metal clips. Here we go.

1) Putting in your pocket so that the edges poke you repeatedly in the leg as a form of self torture.
2) A more practical use, cutting open objects that are wrapped in plastic.
3) My personal favorite, scratching someone's corneas. (Nobody pays attention to the signs anyway.)

Okay, I admit it. That's all I got. Not all androids are created equal.

No comments: