11.06.2007

mal·le·a·ble 1. capable of being extended or shaped by hammering or by pressure from rollers. 2.adaptable or tractable: the malleable mind of a child

At the brink. When you reach that point it can be a task to work your way back. I wear rubber bands around my wrists to test whether I am dreaming or not. Unfortunately my unconscious mind has become aware of this fact. You feel the sting in a dream too. If nothing else this test serves as a recognition that differentiation needs to be made. The brain is a complex computer. Just like the computer I use to type this now the product is all dependent on what is pressed. Stimuli. You never really know what the hell you are going to get out of it.

I had a dream that I was in Los Angeles and I had tickets to The Price Is Right. I was in a serious rush to get there before the show started but I couldn't get there because I couldn't find my shoes.......really. Apparently I have become equally intoxicated in dreams as in reality. The most insane part of it is that this absurd behavior is not so far fetched. I have done stranger things.

I don't need to go to sleep to escape reality. I just have to keep convincing myself that I have a night life. But by the time the night is over, and by brain has become a very malleable gelatinous mass, I realize once again that maybe sleep is the only thing that can keep me in check. Grinding animal bones.

No comments: