7.14.2008

Dog Days

Crazy day of house hunting in the Eugene downtown area. I have found in my "adult" life that being stationary is no way to be. A year in one dwelling is about all I can take. The hunt lasted until late afternoon and ended with me sitting on a friend's walkway enjoying cold refreshment. These days always end this way. It is too damn hot outside for them not to. On the way over I walked through a field behind a school district building and had a deja vu moment. I remembered walking through a field in my dream last night, but the grass was a lot taller. I got to a train bridge with a crowd of people on the other side. They were in a park that appeared as though it had been used as a camp by drifters for years. It was evident that these people had no homes. They spotted me over the bridge and didn't say a word. They just stared and all waved in unison. That was it. Just another strange flash. That's all I have been having lately. I feel like I am not anchored in anything in sleep or in waking life. Maybe it is not such a bad thing or maybe it is just my "fuck it" attitude. Either way I am refusing to carry extra weight. After I have migrated there will be a house warming party. Make sure you get on the list.

No comments: