3.10.2008

The Signal. I don't do star ratings but it's right up my alley.

I went and saw a late night movie last night. Not what I had expected but then again I was unfamiliar with it. I would have to say that out of the movies I have seen so far this year The Signal has got to be in my top five. This movie really does have cult classic written all over it. I would describe it as Videodrome meets 28 Days Later, but also with a certain degree of comic relief in the tone of Shaun Of The Dead. The way the hysteria and violence are brought to the screen reminded me right away of 28 Days Later, and that it is all based around a citywide epidemic reinforces that. But this epidemic of mass violence, hysteria, hallucinations, gore and all out psychosis isn't based on the spreading of anything in the biological or chemical realm. I'll leave it at that.

To view the trailer:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/thesignal/
or like everything else you can find it on youtube.

No comments: